Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Recession Special Dining

Having to entertain clients on a weekly basis, and also from being a cheap bastard, I found an amazing article in NY Mag about "Recession Special" Restaurants in the city.

Don't let the title fool you - these are some of the best restaurants in the city, just with slashed prices! What do you know, everyone wins!

Here is a link to the list - I've copied and pasted some of the highlights below:

Artisanal: $24.50 three-course dinner from 5 to 6:30 p.m; grilled-cheese bar at lunch.

Chanterelle: Three-course lunch for $42, which includes tea or coffee and a tray of chocolate truffles.

Craft: "Frugal Fridays" feature a menu of market-driven dishes for $10 or under at the bar. Categories range from meat on a stick to offal.

Del Posto Nine-course "grand tasting menu" reduced to $125 from $175.

L'Ecole at The French Culinary Institute: The nightly $42 five-course dinner features standout dishes like grilled rib steak and fluke carpaccio.

Wafels & Dinges: The price of the WMD (the Waffle of Mass Deliciousness, which includes unlimited toppings) has dropped to $6.

Also, a big WOOT WOOT! for Restaurant Week - I'm doing my 2nd Restaurant Week at Mercer Kitchen. I'm a big fan of Jean-Georges, so I can't help myself. I'll do a review when I get a minute...

No comments: