Friday, February 6, 2009

Superbowl: Crispy Pita Chips!

So I wasn't expecting to make these but I had some pita on me (like in my fridge, not in my purse) and realized we need something to dip with the crab dip and guac.

These actually were just an after thought and we used leftover ingredients to make a yummy addition to our menu.

No specific recipe, just take pita, cut 'em, drizzle some olive oil on them and then top them with whatever you want your chips to be flavored with. I used garlic and Parmesan. They were so good - perfectly crisp but not dry. I heated the oven to 350 degrees and stuck 'em in there for maybe 7 minutes?

I would also like to try them with herbs like basil or maybe even with some crushed peppers for a spicy version. Possibilities = endless.

On that note, I'm going to go to bed and finish this tomorrow - I'll leave you with pictures of my beloved Pita Chips:



















No comments: