Saturday, December 20, 2008

French Culinary Institute.. yikes.

I'm not sure if this is part of a quarter-life crisis tied in with my love to feed my belly and/or the Top Chef NY fanatic coming out in me, but I am officially enrolled in the French Culinary Institute in SoHo NYC. Yup - I'm doing it. I'm going to have get over my fear of knives somehow in the hopes of someday replicating Hung's crazy feverish deboning of like 12 chickens. That was intense.

Since I signed up, I've been hosting dinner parties for up to 7 people - for a total non-cook like myself, I practically worked myself into a tizzy from just making the salad. I'll be posting the results and some recipes and tips in the next few blogs, so look out for those.

In the meanwhile, please note that starting January 10th, this obsession with a) being on reality TV and b) becoming a "hot" chef begins...

Are you ready?

No comments: